Black Garlic Frittata
3-4 cloves of black garlic finely chopped
1bunch of asparagus
1 zucchini cut finely
A tablespoon chopped basil
250 g of fresh ricotta
250 g of mascarpone cheese
1 onion finely chopped
100g of spinach and or silver beet
¾ cup of parmesan cheese
1. Wash asparagus and remove ends. Cut tips and slice remaining stems. Cook asparagus stems in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Add tips and cook further 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 180 ͦC. Heat oil in saucepan and cook onion till soft. Increase heat and add zucchini. Cook until soft and golden brown in colour. Add black garlic and cook for a further minute. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
3. Remove from pan and add asparagus and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to cool.
4. Grease spring form tin with butter and dust with parmesan. Mix ricotta, mascarpone, eggs and ½ cup of parmesan and add to cool vegetables.
5. Spoon mixture into tin and sprinkle on top with remaining parmesan. Cook for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. (Note: mixture should still wobble slightly in the centre.) Chill in fridge for 3 hours)
Serve with fresh rocket .