Mushroom and Black Garlic Risotto
Watch the Video!
◦1 – 1.3 litres of vegetable stock
◦4 tablespoons of olive oil
◦1 onion – very finely chopped
◦4 peeled cloves of black garlic – finely sliced.
◦400g risotto rice (Arborio or Carnoli)
◦1 small glass of white wine
◦225g fresh mushrooms – sliced
◦25g Parmesan cheese – freshly grated
◦50g mascarpone cheese
◦Freshly chopped parsley – optional
◦Salt and black pepper
1. In a large pan heat the stock until it reaches simmering point.
2. Prepare the mushroom base. Melt 50g of butter in a frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and some salt and pepper. Heat slowly until the mushrooms are cooked.
3. Heat 50 g butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan. Add the finely chopped onion and sweat until soft and translucent. Now add the black garlic. Mix the black garlic into the onion mixture.
4. Now add the rice and stir until well coated. Pour in the glass of white wine. Allow it to reduce until there is no liquid in the pan. Stir continuously.
5. Add a ladleful of vegetable stock, stirring continuously. As soon as the liquid is absorbed add another ladleful of stock and continue this until the rice is cooked. Stir continuously.
6. The rice should be slightly ‘al dente’ but soft and loose. When you are happy with the consistency, stir in the mushroom mixture and the pan juices.
7. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, 25g of butter and 30 – 50g of mascarpone cheese
8. Season to taste with salt and black pepper
Serving suggestion – Stir in some freshly chopped parsley and drizzle with a little truffle oil